Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On This Day - April 30th

On This Day...



1633 - Christen: Phillip Smith, Hadleigh, Suffolk, England
1662 - Death: Henry Burt, Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts
1807 - Marriage: James Watson and Eleanor Roberson, Washington County, Kentucky
1809 - Christen: Henry Bourn,
1855 - Marriage: Mathias H. Theis and Theresia Hartmann, Saint Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota
1864 - Birth: Chesterfield Merriwether, Indiana
1878 - Birth: Emma Florence Dark, Dodson, Winn Parish, Louisiana
1890 - Birth: Lula Neita Singletary,
1905 - Death: Anna Maria 'Mary' Kunkel, Haverhill, Marshall County, Iowa
1946 - Death: Bjorge (Bjorguf) Halvorsen Omdahl, Greenbush, Roseau County, Minnesota

 
And so we close out another month!  This is an interesting exercise in genealogy blogging, as it requires a posting every single day.  Now, the tools are here, and I am using them, to prepare posts in advance and publish them on schedule, but it still remains that I must do one post for every day of the year.  It takes some discipline, and sometimes I make the posting for the day rather late on the day.  Usually, though, I do a week or two in advance, which lets me schedule a block of time when I can do a bunch of posts.

So far, in the year in which I am posting these, they have not yielded any new contacts, which is really the intended purpose - cousin bait.  I've mentioned that before.  However, I already knew there are not very many people working my lines, in part because when I've gone looking, I'm not finding anyone else posting about them.  However, the nature of the Internet is such that these posts can conceivably be around forever, so I am not discouraged about the lack of immediate contacts.  The payoff will be years down the road when someone else discovers their family roots and goes looking...

In the mean time, thanks for putting up with what feels like an unbroken stream of lists!


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2013 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment