Sunday, July 24, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Poetry

Once again Randy Seaver is putting out the challenge:

Hey there, Genea-Nauts -- It's Saturday Night, and time for more Genealogy Fun!!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1)  Write a poem about "Where I'm From" using the template found at the website http://www.swva.net/fred1st/wif.htm

2)  Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Google Plus or Facebook note.

Thank you to Kevin Huigens of the Family History Nuggets blog for the SNGF suggestion!


Well, it's no longer Saturday night, but I'm throwing  in my contribution anyway.

Where I'm from.

Ships across the sea
Brought ancestors to this land
Opportunity

Natives fight and die
We displace them on their lands
Now go west, young man

Horse-drawn plows break sod
Fell the trees, plant crops, build towns
How the west was won

Wars engulf the world
Many men do not return
My grandpa came back

New technology
Someone has to make it work
That is where I'm from.

This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2011 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment