Monday, November 14, 2011

Desperately Seeking...

Okay, maybe not so desperately.   It's time once again to take a look at the search terms that lead people to this blog!

Four people tried death funeral cards

That's a good choice to find my blog, since I did a number of posts on funeral cards.  I've since received a couple more I need to post about.

Two people used geo spectrum for sale

Okay, this seems like a weak link.  I did talk about a 1986 Chevy Spectrum back in the 52 Weeks post about cars.  But that's been a long time ago, and for a car that has been off the market for well over a decade.

All of the following got one search each:

"thanks for a nice share you have given to us with such an

 Um, really?  

1991 chevy spectrum

Again with the Chevy Spectrum...

hurons kin

This one makes me curious!  Some of my relatives live in and around Huron, South Dakota, and more lived there in the past.  If you're looking for Dillmans or Days in Huron, contact me!

in thankful memory tombstone

I'm betting this one got hundreds of thousands of hits, just on the word tombstone.

indianadillmans.blogspot.com

You found me!  Who are you?  What were you looking for?  Are you related?  Can I help you?

what does a sailor's log book look like?

Oooh!  I posted about my paternal grandfather's Navy Log Book a while back, including some images from the cover and inside pages.  Did you find my post helpful?  I'm somewhat curious as to what other examples you found, and I'm considering doing my own search.  Did you have any questions?  I would be happy to answer them, and perhaps provide some more views?  Too bad they never contacted me.

I like seeing how people get to my blog, but I do wish more would take a minute to leave a comment, especially if they have questions.  I'm always interested in talking about my ancestors. 


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2011 by Daniel G. Dillman

2 comments:

  1. I'm not SURE exactly how I located the blog name, but I got to your blog NOT because of a search such as those you mentioned, but because I liked some of the things you were saying and posting at the very first ScanFest I ever attended.

    Also, I have Indiana roots (mostly Wabash Co.) so your name intriqued me. And finally you mention SF (I believer you did so at that ScanFest); since my husband and I met at an SF convention in St. Louis (the year before St. LouisCon), it seemed I'd have lots of things of interest to follow here.

    I'm not sure that I have ever commented before, but I read your postings with interest.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad to hear from you, Sue! Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. I enjoy the ScanFests, they get a bit more technical than genealogical sometimes, and that's an occupational hazard for me. :-) I'm always happy to help someone figure out a workable way to get their genealogy data into a computer somewhere. I hope you're getting something out of my posts, although I guess it HAS been quite a while since I've written anything technical. Becoming re-employed has really cut down my blogging time.

    ReplyDelete