Thursday, January 24, 2013

On This Day - Jan 24th

On This Day...



1792 - Death: Silas Kellogg, Sheffield, Berkshire, Massachusetts, United States
1803 - Birth: Norman Day, Sheffield, Lorain County, Ohio
1805 - Marriage: Abraham Sheckles and Rebecca Coy, Hardin, Kentucky
1847 - Birth: George Augustus Gaar, DeKalb County, Georgia
1883 - Birth: John Schreifels, Saint Nicholas, Stearns County, Minnesota
1933 - Birth: Verna Ann Brotherston, Stafford Township, Roseau County, Minnesota
1956 - Death: Joseph Ernest Nolen, Stearns County, Minnesota
1956 - Death: Edwin Francis Beaudreau,
1987 - Death: Rose P. Reisinger, Stearns County, Minnesota
2004 - Death: Brian Holt Williams, Las Vegas, Nevada


Note the 2004 entry.  Brian Holt Williams was my 1st cousin on my maternal side.  I met him when I was about 14 on a trip to Louisiana, where he lived.  He was about 6 months older than me.  He was in his late 30's when he died.  According to what I have been told, he had at least three children by at least three women, on whom I have almost no information.  Obviously this line needs further study, but it's still too fresh for some people to talk about, and some of the people who were closest are not in contact with me.
 



This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2013 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment