Saturday, January 26, 2013

SNGF - You Mean I Have A Life?!

It's Saturday again, and that means time again for Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

* Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.  Be mindful of your family's privacy, though!

* Write a blog post of your own, respond with a comment to this post, or write a Facebook status post or a Google+ Stream post.


Here's mine:


I am an IT professional.  Like most of those, many of my hobbies are technology related.  I like to play computer games.  Currently, I'm playing Counterstrike: Global Offensive and Guild Wars 2 as my main gaming time sinks.  I also spend some time with various social media outlets, such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.   Oh, and there's this blog I write from time to time...

When I'm not using computers, I enjoy photography (now digital, of course) and reading.  I was a Navy Photographer's Mate from 1987-1992, so I'm trained and experienced.  That said, doing that in the Navy burned me out on taking pictures for a long time after.  However, I've been back into it again for some time now, and enjoy taking landscapes more than anything else.  I tend to document places I go, as you could verify by asking my family members.  They often end up waiting for me to finish shooting and catch up.

I generally enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy for recreation.  I do read books and articles on new technology quite often as well.  

Other than that, I occasionally go out to catch friends who play in bands, or the occasional movie  I'm a strong introvert, so I tend to stay in more than I go out.  And that about sums me up.  



This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2013 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment