Monday, September 30, 2013

Matrilineal Monday

Matrilineal Monday


Omar Williams family, circa 1943-1945 in Louisiana.

This is my mother's family.  The date given in the caption is a guess based on my mother's apparent age in the photo.  The girls are all still living, so I'll leave out details on them.  I have met everyone in this picture except the woman in the middle in back, Emma Gertrude (McMurry) Williams.  Emma died young, in 1950, when my mother was just a young teen.  She's my only grandparent I never met.  I did meet my grandfather, Omar, a number of times, but because I lived in Minnesota and he lived in Louisiana, it was a rare thing.  The last time I saw him was in 1980, we visited when I was 14.  Obviously I have few memories of him.  Omar died in 1985.



This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2013 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment