Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - Emma G. (McMurry) Williams

Emma Gertrude McMurry Williams (b. 09 Jun 1901, d. 03 Apr 1950)

Emma Gertrude (McMurry) Williams


Emma Gertrude McMurry was my maternal grandmother.  As I was born in the mid-60's, obviously I never got the chance to meet her.  She died of an aneurysm when my mother was just a teen, which has caused me to wonder how I would have dealt with the loss of a parent in childhood.  I will have to talk with my mother more about what her mother was like, to get a better picture of who she was.  Emma is buried next to her husband Omar Holt Williams in Zoar Baptist Cemetary, Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Section B, Row 12, they occupy sites 36 & 37.


Tombstone Tuesday – To participate in Tombstone Tuesday simply create a post which includes an image of a gravestone of one or more ancestors and it may also include a brief description of the image or the ancestor. This is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment