Friday, April 22, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Sports

Week #15 – Sports

Week 15. Sports. Did you have a favorite sports team as a child? If so, which one and why. Did your parents follow the same teams? Do you still support the same teams?
This challenge runs from Saturday, April 9, 2011 through Friday, April 15, 2011.

This is very late, as week 15 was a couple of weeks ago.  I'm recovering from my cold and new job training, so I can actually get to writing the post...
I was never a big sports guy.  In fact, growing up, I was always the little guy, picked last or nearly so.  I only got involved in organized team sports once, when I played flag football in 5th grade.  Obviously being the little guy, I didn't play line.  I was at halfback, where I could use my speed to carry the ball.  I wasn't all that good at it anyway, and that year was enough to convince me I wasn't a football player.

I don't tend to watch sports on TV much, either.  I'd rather watch in person, and can't afford to do that often either.  My father is the sports nut of the family.  He's always watching something, now that cable has many sports channels.


No comments:

Post a Comment