Thursday, December 13, 2012

Advent Calendar - Dec 13th

December 13 – Holiday Travel
Did you or your ancestors travel anywhere for Christmas? How did you travel and who traveled with you? Do you remember any special trips?

As I've mentioned before, my family was spread out all over the country, so if we were going to see any of them, there was going to be travel involved.  I don't recall too much traveling, either.  My closest relatives were in South Dakota, only a few hours drive away, so we did go visiting those folks a number of times.  If memory serves, we went to my paternal grandparents' house in Yankton, and others might also visit there depending on the year.  This was all when I was rather young, so my memories of it are pretty vague.


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2012 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment