Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent Calendar - Dec 7th

December 7 – Holiday Parties
Did your family throw a holiday party each year? Do you remember attending any holiday parties?


My family never threw parties that I can remember.  Our family was so spread out across the continent that large family gatherings were never feasible, and my parents' house is small enough that a party just isn't very workable.  We tended to have small, quiet family celebrations at Christmas.  We did occasionally travel to the nearer relatives.

I remember attending a few holiday parties, usually an employer sponsored event of some sort.  However, I'm enough of an introvert that I don't generally care for large parties, so I usually avoid these if possible.




This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2012 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment