Saturday, December 8, 2012

Advent Calendar - Dec 8th

December 8 – Christmas Cookies
Did your family or ancestors make Christmas Cookies? How did you help? Did you have a favorite cookie?


We baked cookies when I was young.  I remember helping to decorate, using a selection of colored sugars and frostings, fancy sprinkles, etc.  I remember some holiday shaped cookie cutters as well.  I don't think we ever made more than a few dozen per year.  As I'm not a huge fan of cookies, this wasn't a problem for me.

When I met my wife, her family was into making cookies, but also candy of several sorts.  I especially liked the chocolate covered cherries.  They were much better than the store bought ones.  We still make them some years, but it's a tedious, messy process at best, so  it's becoming less often that we do it.


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2012 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment